MIEC FROM GROUND: CIME. SCIENCE GROUP & CME of Salvador de Bahia, Brazil
During the last SOBECC'18 Congress, we had the opportunity to share many hours of talk with Fabiola Queiroz and Jeferson Pinheiro, 2 RUMED nurses who have founded, along with other professionals, the CIME group, focused on management and good practices in CME (Sterile Material Centrals). We want to share their experience and passion for their work so that it can be the inspiration for many other working groups on the reprocessing of medical devices worldwide:
HOW WAS THE IDEA CONCEIVED?
CIME (Ciencia & CME) was created by a group of specialist nurses, managers at CME, from an MBA course in CME management, who were inspired by their own concerns of daily practice within sterilization services and aligned dreams, projects and efforts towards a single way of building and disclosing knowledge.
In this way and by joint and totally voluntary decision, they foresaw the creation of a group with the objective of promoting meetings, discussions, scientific informal encounters and conferences, adding the vision of diverse area specialists with the professionals that operate in the practice of CME.
Since then, a CME study group focused on science and technology has been formed.
- MISSION: Promote study, discuss practices and stimulate scientific production for better work evidences. In addition, inspire other new managers to envision CME as a great centre for technology, science and good practice.
- VISION: Discuss the science and practical knowledge that can contribute qualitatively to the services of CME and the professionals working in that department.
- STRATEGIES: Promote meetings, discussions, scientific informal encounters and conferences, adding both the views of various specialists in the field and those of the professionals who work in the CME practice.
- GROUP VALUES: Team directed to carry out the work with excellence, opinion leaders, ethics and neutrality, professionalism, respect, strategic focus, willingness to adopt the cause and social responsibility.
- Fabiola Sousa de Queiroz: Master's Degree in Nursing in Gender, Healthcare and Administration, UFBA/BA. Technical Manager of the CME in the Sarah network of rehabilitation hospitals - Unidad Salvador. Post-graduate in MBA in CME-INESP/SP Management. Coordinator of the ABNT discussion group in Salvador.
- Jeferson Xavier Pinheiro dos Santos: Postgraduate in MBA in CME-INESP/SP Management. Postgraduate in CC/SRPA/CME-Unijorge. Postgraduate in haemodynamics and cardiology - Baiana Faculty of Medicine. Secretary of the ABNT discussion group in Salvador.
- Juliana dos Reis Neponuceno de Oliveira: Specialist in CC and CME as a medical resident - UFBA/BA. Specialist in work-related medicine-FTC/BA. Postgraduate in MBA in CME-INESP/SP Management; Member of the ABNT discussion group in Salvador.
- Ivana Ramos Meire de Souza: Postgraduate in MBA in CME-INESP/SP Management. Member of the discussion group ABNT de salvador. Specialist in Hospital Management - San Camilo.
- Samantha Silva Martins: Postgraduate in MBA in CME-INESP/SP Management. Member of the ABNT discussion group in Salvador. Specialist in CME/CC-Unyleya.
- Roberta Nogueria Oliveira Pitombo: Postgraduate in MBA in CME-INESP/SP Management. Specialist in Management and Infection Control - UNESP/SP. Specialist in Hospital Management (MBA). Faculty of San Camilo. Member of the ABNT discussion group in Salvador.
- Trissia Daiana Vieira Costa: Postgraduate in MBA in CME-INESP/SP Management. Member of the ABNT discussion group in Salvador.
- Samantha Freitas de Conceiçao: Postgraduate in MBA in CME-INESP/SP Management. Specialist in Health Systems Audit - San Camilo. Specialist in Management and Infection Control. UNESP/SP.
We are delighted to share with you some of the images of the days and events on CME organized in recent years in Salvador de Bahia.
Thank you very much, Fabiola and all the group, for sharing with us your enthusiasm for the sterilization sciences!!!